‘The quality of leadership and management is outstanding. The teaching Principal is an innovative role-model for high quality teaching and learning, and strategic whole-school leadership. The communication with all the staff, the parents and the children is clearly about empowering all to contribute to school improvement.’
‘The school’s recent focus on developing further the children’s skills of leadership, responsibility, resilience and team working through well-planned engaging activities has ensured that the children’s attainment in literacy and numeracy is of a consistently high standard. The children communicate confidently and competently with each other and with adults.’
ETI were delighted to see such a warm friendly caring school. The Reporting Inspector, Mr Blevins, commented on ‘how well the school works to build pupil self-esteem’
Due to on-going Industrial Action (short of strike) as evidenced in most schools in the province, ETI were not able to complete a full inspection and hence their report notes this. However Mr Blevins was confident that the Safeguarding practice which he observed would be reflected in the classrooms.
They commented on how the pupils feel happy and safe in school and on the leadership roles the children held and how the children felt confident in these.
- Queen Honours Principal with MBE
- Northern Ireland Winner of Accelerated Reading 2017/2018
- Moat awarded Green ECO Flag 2015 and 2017
- Moat lifts Seamus Heaney Poetry Award 2016
- Environmental Youth Speaking Co Fermanagh Award in 2013, 2015 and 2016.
- Excellence in ICT - Outstanding Practice filmed (2014)
- NI and UK Gold PTFA Award Winner 2014 -Moat Parent Teacher Friends Association (PTFA) won both the Northern Ireland and the UK awards in the Parents Participation Category (2014).